Christmas wreaths are a beautiful welcoming decoration for holiday guests. While natural wreaths are beautiful, it can get pricy replacing them each year. If you’re looking to save money without sacrificing beauty and quality, browse through some of our best artificial holiday wreaths. We have a large selection of pre-lit wreaths for easy decorating. If the fresh pine scent is important for you, try using small pieces of natural garland or evergreen scented candles in the entryway. Both will create the “Christmas smell” upon entering your home. Now, for my favorite wreaths from our shop!
Did you decorate with one of our wreaths? Send us photos and we’ll highlight the best ones!
Earlier today, I posted survival tips for Black Friday shopping. The earlier post is there to help you through the physical shopping experience. This next post, is going to help you with the logistics (i.e. finances and scheduling). Good luck today!
- Prepare for realistic outcomes. Do your homework on sales versus availablity. Be ready for any outcome and have backup plans.
- Don’t focus only on the deals. Remember, if it’s too busy or if they’re out of stock… Cyber Monday is in just a few days.
- Compare prices on big items. It may take time to check multiple stores, but competition between companies is good for the consumer!
- Shop online! Don’t spend your entire budget on Black Friday items. Like I previously stated, Cyber Monday is coming! You never know what you’ll find.
- Sign up for loyalty programs. List the places you’ll shop and sign up for email programs. I’m sure you’ll get some amazing coupon surprises between today and Christmas.
- Follow your favorite stores on social media. Check their Facebook pages before heading out. They might have some “Social Media Exclusive” coupons and deals.
- Don’t always go for the lowest price you can fine, especially with large electronics and expensive equipment. Some stores will make cheaper versions of the same item for Black Friday. Yes, get excited for a sale, but if it seems way too good to be true, it probably is! This is especially true with hot gaming systems (like the PS4), laptops and TV sets.
Thanksgiving is Here!
So far, we’ve covered DIY projects, decorating the kids table, gluten-free recipes, delicious no-bake dishes, food messes, and stress-relief! Today’s post will cover some interesting facts to help get the conversation going. Be sure to bookmark our life-saving Thanksgiving posts!
- Jingle Bells was originally created as a Thanksgiving song.
- President Jefferson called the proclamation of Thanksgiving “the most ridiculous idea ever conceived“. Probably because he wasn’t around when people were planking off of roofs and building.
- The average thanksgiving trip is 214 miles.
- Thanksgiving always falls between November 22 and November 28 each year.
- Black Friday became popular a few years ago, but it’s actually been a thing since the 1960s.
- Each year, Americans consume about 535 lbs. of Turkey!
Today is the big day. Give yourself a quick break to read this post. You need to relax from all the cooking and planning. I’m here to help you with that. First, take three deep breaths. Seriously, three deep breaths can change everything. If that advice can help my friend on her wedding day, I assure you it will help on Thanksgiving! Now, follow along as I highlight the 10 BEST things about Thanksgiving Dinner! Once you’re in a good mood, you’re free to get back to that cooking and hosting!
Shameless, Guilt-Free Binge Eating
Plenty of Options, You’ll Find Something You Love
The Family is Actually Sitting Down and Enjoying a Nice Meal
Ummm… Desserts…. Pie…
The Wine Giggles
Stuffing is a Thing… A Delicious, Delicious Thing.
Enjoying the Holiday Decor
It’s Officially Christmas Season Now, Get Those Lights Up!
If you plan to stay home and shop this year, be sure to check out the deals at our online store. However, you might be like many other people who are adventuring out into the wilderness of Black Friday shopping. Black Friday doesn’t have to mean Broke Saturday or Broken Bone Sunday. You can have a great time saving money and finding deals, you just have to keep a few important things in mind.
If you’re brave and motivated enough to go out on Black Friday Morning, try some of these survival tips!
– Don’t carry large bags or purses; they make it easier for people to grab at you. They’re also easy targets for theft.
– Avoid hoodies and hats that block peripheral vision. This kind of shopping is like rush hour traffic, you need to be alert and aware.
– Don’t go alone. There’s strength in numbers and friends can make it fun instead of stressful.
– Keep your phone charged, because you’ll likely be separated. It’s almost impossible to find someone once you lose him or her on Black Friday.
– In the event of a stampede, give up and find an exit. No deal is worth your safety. Fortunately, this doesn’t happen too often anymore, but you never know!
We all have our favorite TV shows and movies. What better way to decorate our trees and show our personality, than with gorgeous novelty ornaments. We have a variety of these ornaments at our online store. I’ve highlighted some of the awesome ones I would pick out for my tree. Be sure to check our store for your favorite movie or TV show. Just because I didn’t list it here doesn’t mean we don’t have it. Try doing a quick search for your favorite characters and see what wonderful things you might find!
HBO Series Entourage is one of my favorites. We have a variety of ornaments, with quotes from the show, the Entourage logo and more.
We have too many wonderful ornaments from The Simpsons. This is one of my favorite shows from childhood, so Bart and Homer are a must for the tree!
Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer
Okay, so I went overboard here, but with good reason. I LOVE this movie. I watch it several times every year. If you’ve seen this movie, you love this movie. It’s just how it goes. My home is filled with Rudolph items, and I don’t see it stopping anytime soon.
National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation
This movie, almost everyone has seen. It’s a lifetime favorite for so many people. This ornament perfectly captures the hilarity of the Griswold Tree. Don’t worry, no squirrels.
Game of Thrones
The only thing I love more than GoT, is the Family Crests. Check out the Taragaryen, Stark, and Lannister decorative ornaments we have. How awesome are these?!
This show has been on for years, and we have a variety of the coolest Doctor Who items ever. Just look at a few of them!
Hands down, my favorite Christmas movie is the 1964 animated classic, “Rudolph the Red Nosed Reindeer”. As a young child, I loved it because Rudolph was so adorable, and his adventures were exciting. Also, I cherished the misfit toys, because like so many kids, I felt like one of them. I also loved watching it with my family every year.
For almost three decades I’ve been saying “Who would ever want to play with a CHARLIE IN THE BOX”, and everyone laughs because I sound just like him. Most of all however, I loved the message of the movie. I love the life lessons it offers. When I have kids, they’ll watch this movie, and then their kids will watch this movie. See the reason for my obsession in the clips below.
We All Have Something That Makes Us Unique
Don’t Hide What Makes You Special
You Can Do The Job You Love, Not The Job You Were Born Into
& Your Unique Trait Just Might Get You An Amazing Opportunity
So Let It Shine
Because You Don’t Have To Be Perfect To Be Loved
& The Real Friends Love You for Who You Are
Even When Things Don’t Go Your Way
They’ll Always Be there for You