Autumn is just two days away! Who else is incredibly excited for such an amazing time of year? The sights and scents of harvest season are already here, and pretty soon there will be holiday parties left and right! You can make life much easier during the holidays and have fun with your autumn cleaning this year. Find some good music, and use our checklist to make it go quickly!
- Vacuum all drapes, window treatments, baseboards, moulding and floors. Shampoo carpets and upholstered furniture (if applicable)
- Clean windows and window sills
- Flip mattresses (and couch cushions if applicable)
- Clean and organize kitchen pantry and refridgerator
- Clean and purge old clothing
- Create a master shopping list, organized by store and urgency
- Clean behind large appliances and furniture
- Wash light covers and wall fixtures
If you live in a colder area, you’ll have a few extra tasks in the next week. If your pool and patio furniture stays out year-round, you get to skip some of the bullet points below!
- Wash and store all outdoor furniture, backyard play sets, and decorations that cannot withstand harsh weather.
- Check paint on railings and decks for any touch-ups that need to be done.
- Check storm windows and doors and repair if necessary
- Schedule chimney and flue cleanings
- Clear debris from gutters, downspouts, and nearby areas
- Clean windows and shutters
- Close the pool, and store all hoses and sprinklers
- Prep gardens for winter
- Replace summer decorations with new harvest decorations