How to Add a Rustic Touch to Your Home
Mmm, sweater-weather is officially here, and now it’s time to bundle up under a warm blanket and pound down those pumpkin-spice lattes.
But with the falling leaves, another time of change approaches — the change in outdoor decor. Read on for some tips on how to give your home a more rustic feel.
1. Decorative glass milk bottles
- Whether hung up with some sturdy twine or placed in a metal tray and placed along the outside of your home or on an end table, glass bottles will add a definite modern farm-like edge.
2. “Distressed” or Copper Ceramics
- Placing a ceramic accent outside your door or in your mudroom, ranging from candle holders to weathered pillars to even a funky watering can, has the ability to brighten up your entryway. Welcome your guests with something other than a mat.
3. Burlap, well, Anything
- Nothing screams “rustic chic” like burlap. Whether it be wreath or ribbon, this fabric will welcome all visitors with a subtle classiness that’s sure to impress.
4. Chalkboard Wall Hangings
- Not only decorative, but functional, the hanging chalkboard can serve any household well. From designating chores to writing down your favorite recipe, you’ll not only be on top of your life, but have stylish home decor! (Nothing beats that!)
The rustic look is in and now is the time to redecorate. Remember: make it simple, make it yours.